ABOUT THE ART OF KAJUKENBO:
Kajukenbo was founded in 1947 in Oahu, Hawaii, at the Palama Settlement. Kajukenbo is an adaptive style designed to combine the most useful aspects of the arts. It is the first system of its kind. It is also the first true American Self Defense System. Kajukenbo takes the most useful techniques from several arts. All these arts were combined to make one total system that works for all practitioners. Since everyone is different in size, speed and ability each student applies the art differently. Every member of our community can benefit from a program like this. We practice for real life situations. No more being a victim. Knowledge is the key to peace of mind. Come train and learn all the secrets of Self Defense. There are five masters credited as founders of Kajukenbo, and it is from their respective arts that Ka-ju-ken-bo draws its name.
KA -JU -KEN -BO Art Origins:
Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Kenpo, Chinese Boxing & More:
Five Founders: Peter Young, Yil Choo, Frank Ordonez, Joe Holck, Joe & Adriano Emperado, Clarence Chang
Chinese Characters: Meaning: "Long life" "Happiness" "Fist" "Style"
Philosophical Meaning of Kajukenbo: "Through this fist style one gains long life and happiness."
Combining all the arts together makes you stronger
• Students learn the kicks and footwork of karate/ TKD,
• the sweeps and throws of judo,
• the locks and joint manipulation of jujitsu
• plus, punching and striking from Boxing / kung-fu.
The objective is to be complete and be effective.
Our goal is to build Mind- Body -Spirit
School Director Professor Marco Diaz Jr.
Martial Arts Experience, Rank and Credentials
• Started training in 1977 under G/M Max Togisala.
• TKO Chief Instructor and founder of TKO SAN JOSE INC.
• Seventh degree black belt master in the art of Kajukenbo.
• Holds the rank/ title of “Professor”. Marco Jr. trains the teachers.
• National Media exposure for competition wins: Kung fu Magazine, Black Belt Magazine and Sport Karate Magazine and more....
• Member of Team International 2007-08
• Long Beach Internationals (Kajukenbo Overall Grand Champion 2006-2007-2008).
• 3x World League Black Belt Champion 2014
• 17 Grand Championship’s over competitive career.
• Certified Child Safety Instructor.
• High School Self Defense Instructor with Goodwill (Mt. Pleasant H.S. in San Jose) 2010- 2012
• Mission Valley ROP Law Enforcement Instructor with MVROP (Fremont) 2013- Present
• TKO Competition Team Coach- Trained several state, regional, International and World League Champions.
• Teaching Kajukenbo since 1989……Advisor to five school locations.
• Trained thousands of students through the years, currently over one hundred active students training.
KARATE- TANG SO DO- JUDO- JUJITSU- KENPO- CHINESE BOXING- KUNG FU- ESKRIMA- SPORT KARATE CHAMPIONS